Getting source with wrapped lines????

From: Lisa Thompson <mctate_at_tva.gov>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 11:25:38 -0500

Hi,

I'm a DBA and constantly put in new code for programmers. As a precaution, I like to save the existing code in case it has to be put back. I use the "set wrap on" in SQLPLUS and spool a file to list the source into. Whenever, I go to the spooled file, I have to manually go in and take out extra end-of-line characters where lines were supposed to have wrapped. Does anyone have a better tip for how save source code for package headers/bodies/triggers/procedures/functions that will really wrap lines. I've tried this on my Windows95 desktop with SQLPLUS 3.2 and on my Unix server. The spool files come out the same--no wrapped lines.

I have some DBA tool softwares, but they truncate the output on large objects for some reason. I haven't tried Developer2000 or any of the Oracle brand tools, though.

Thanks,
Melisa Thompson
Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant - DBA Received on Sun Sep 20 1998 - 11:25:38 CDT