using package variables as shared memory

From: butun <butun_at_ezy.net.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 00:41:31 +1000

Hi

I am trying to use the global varibles declared in a bodiless package as a means of storing/accessing data at high speeds. I have got 40000 read write
pairs on a 586 PC.

I have been able to create a package with upto 2500 NUMBER variables when I try 3000 it says package too large.

Is this a hard coded Oracle8 limit? or is there a resource I can increase.

I would like to be able to read/write the bodiless package data from multiple different
application processes written in C++ or java. The data in the bodiless package can only be
accessed from a single session. Does anybody have an idea how to get around this
limitation without adding too much overhead.

thanks in advance

butun Received on Sun Sep 20 1998 - 09:41:31 CDT