Re: Pro*c/C++ 8.03 Dynamic SQL Method 4

From: Bob Withers <bwit_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 07:07:33 -0500

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <3604E3E4.43AE9F5F_at_ican.net>, johnchiu_at_ican.net says...
> I try to develop a simple dynamic SQL application program on Oracle 8
> under Window 95 platform. No error in precompiling using Pro*c/c++
> 8.03. When I compile the generated c program using Visual C++ 5.0, I get
> the error message :
>
> SQL_SINGLE_RCTX variable undefined
>
> Where I assume SQL_SINGLE_RCTX is a constant well defined somewhere.
>
> According to the Pro*c/c++ Precompiler Programmers Guide, the function
> SQLSQLDAAlloc() I use is new in release 8( sqlald() in previous release)
> and the first parameter passing to SQLSQLDAAlloc is SQL_SINGLE_RCTX
> (Single threaded).
>
> Where this constant SQL_SINGLE_RCTX defined?

A grep if my include directory (PO8 8.0.4 with Pro*C) show the following:

SQLCPR.H:#define SQL_SINGLE_RCTX (dvoid *)0

Bob Withers                            Do or do not, there is no try
bwit_at_pobox.com                                               Yoda