I need Oracle help. Lotsa questions here. Oracle autostart options? Oracle SQL Cron? Online export?

From: <paul_wass_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 11:58:57 GMT

We're running Oracle 7.3 on a Novell Netware box.

I have a multiple questions here.

  1. Is there any way to automatically have Oracle run a set of 'Stored procedures' when the database first starts up?
  2. Similar question. Is there any way to automatically have Oracle run a set of 'SQL scripts' when the database first starts up?
  3. Does Oracle have any type of Cron built into it for running Stored procs or Sql scripts? If not, is it possible to write a Store procedure that acts like a CRON and runs itself or other procs at certain times?
  4. Can an export be done while the database is up and running with no users logged in?

That's all my questions for now. Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

Paul