Re: Show/Explain Query Plan

From: Ng K C Paul <paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com>
Date: 1998/09/19

I found one of the exception in MS-SQL7 Query Analyzer. The SQL Execution Plan displays Constant Scan instead of table scan.

RobertSimmons (abpitg_at_ibm.net) wrote:
: Hello,
: I believe the optimizer always considers a table scan and will usually
: take that path if the table doesn't have many rows in it.
:
: Robert
: abpitg_at_ibm.net
:
: Ng K C Paul wrote:
: >
: > Sometimes, I wonder if I should trust the plan returned from the query
: > optimizer. For example,
: >
: > create table aaa (a int)
: >
: > select * from aaa
: > where 1=2
: >
: > Some plans show table scan for the above query. Is it normal?