Re: db_files won't exceed 30 (but I need more)

From: Horace Chow <horacecw_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 10:07:13 +0800

Rose,

    You can modify this value by re-creating the controlfile. Try the following steps :

  1. 'alter database backup controlfile to trace;' and you will find a trace file in 'udump directory.
  2. shutdown your database and do a full offline backup
  3. modify the trace file (espcially db_files entry)
  4. Modify the init.ora (db_files entry)
  5. startup nomount the database
  6. Re-create the controlfile (For details, please refer to manual)
  7. The database should then be ready for use again.

    Please let me know whether it works or not.

Horace Received on Sat Sep 19 1998 - 21:07:13 CDT