BDE connection to ORACLE (ORA-03121 error)

From: Peter Beeckmans <Peter_at_DataTwist.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 11:24:57 GMT

Hi,

<This is a copy from a post to the comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases>

I'm trying to set up my D3 C/S to connect to my Oracle server.

I can connect via my Oracle SQL*Plus.

When I try to connect I get the following error. ORA-03121 : no interface driver connected- function not performed.

Here a bit more information about my setup. On my NT server I'm running Oracle Server 7.3.3. I think it is installed properly.
On my WIN 98 I have the software installed to connect to my server over TCPIP. I can connect via my SQL*plus 3.3 to my ORACLE server. All this is working properly.

Now I'm trying to setup my BDE with a native ORACLE driver (D3 C/S). When I try to connect via the BDE I get the "ORA-03121 : no interface driver connected- function not performed" error.

The ORACLE documentation refers to the problem as:

ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed

 Cause:
This message occurs usually because the SQL*Net driver is not loaded into memory or there is a mismatch of the version of the driver. A user program linked with an obsolete library may also cause this message. Only programs provided by Oracle Corporation should use this interface.

Is there anybody with a simmular setup, who can help me getting the settings right?

Peter Beeckmans. Received on Sat Sep 19 1998 - 06:24:57 CDT