Re: SQL Question

From: Ng K C Paul <paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com>
Date: 1998/09/18

Is there any performance difference in using permanent view and temporary inline view?

Jurij Modic (jmodic_at_src.si) wrote:
: On 18 Sep 1998 01:51:52 GMT, paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com (Ng K C
: Paul) wrote:
:
: >Is there any other solution for oracle 7.0 and 7.1?
:
: In Oracle prior to 7.2 inline views are not supported. There you have
: to create a view (aliased "x" and "y" in my original queries)
: explicitely and then select directly from this view, e.g:
:
: CREATE VIEW v1 AS SELECT score, rownum row_num FROM abc;
:
: SELECT x.score, NVL(x.score-y.score, 0) diff FROM v1 x, v2 y
: WHERE x.row_num = y.row_num(+)+1;
:
: HTH,
: --
: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
: Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)
: The above opinions are mine and do not represent
: any official standpoints of my employer