Re: Defragmentation

From: Patrick <Groeps_at_mail.interpac.be>
Date: 1998/09/18

I would test the following :
Create new tbs/datafile
Perform a direct path select/insert with /* APPEND */ for your largest and most fragmented tables in new tablespace/datafile. (direct path divides time by 2)
drop table in old datafile
coalesce free space in old tbs
Look at fragmentation and largest available extents in old datafile with tablespace manager
When result satisfactory, re-insert in old datafile. The result will be obviously less performant than exp/imp

Patrick Wtterwulghe
Oracle DBA

Robert Jungerius <rjungerius_at_death-to-spam.cetecint.com> wrote in article <01bde2d9$a51a8080$270164bf_at_wks139>...