Re: Snapshot logs

From: Kevin Loney <Kevin.Loney_at_astramerck.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:18:20 -0400

hvdbulk_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6ttlap$jpr$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I'm trying to size some of our snapshots and logs. To do some of the sizing
>need to determine how much data is going to be contained in the logs. One
>unknown is when snapshot logs are emptied. Does anybody know when these get
>deleted.

Records are deleted from snapshot logs when they are no longer needed. When you
create a snapshot using a master table with log, Oracle records this (I think the table
name is SYS.SNAP$). If you create multiple snapshots, then the records will not be
deleted from the log until all snapshots have refreshed to that point in time.

Kevin.
http://www.kevinloney.com Received on Fri Sep 18 1998 - 10:18:20 CDT