Linking Problems with Embedded SQL

From: John <jweber_at_swiss.nexus-ag.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 05:15:24 -0800

Hello,

I'm pretty new in the Oracle world and I've just finished a "hello world" application in C and embedded SQL. But I can't link it. The linker tells:

CC -o /work/usr/jweber/test -lsql -lsqlplus

/work/usr/jweber/transaction.o
/work/usr/jweber/error.o
/work/usr/jweber/kernelsequence.o
/work/usr/jweber/connect.o
/work/usr/jweber/test.o
sqlglm(char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*)
                  /work/usr/jweber/error.o
sqlcxt(void**, unsigned long*, sqlexd*, const sqlcxp*)
/work/usr/jweber/transaction.o

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
/work/usr/jweber/test

*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `/work/usr/jweber/test'

Obviously the linker finds the sql and sqlplus library but the sqlglm() and sqlcxt() functions are not included. First, I checked the manuals. Unfortunately there is no hint in which library the functions are. Second, I tried to compile and link the sample programs, delivered by Oracle. No success too. Now, I have two question:

(1) Does anybody know which libraries I need to link the "hello world" program? (2) Can anybody give me some hints to build the sample programs successfully?

Thanx in advance
john

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****- http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet Received on Fri Sep 18 1998 - 08:15:24 CDT