Cobol pgm accessing ORACLE(AIX platform)

From: GLEMOL <glemol_at_aol.com>
Date: 17 Sep 1998 22:49:41 GMT

Hi,
I am a Mainframe COBOL programmer that started new project on RS/6000. I deal with CICS program accessing DB2 tables. DBAs decided to remove one of the tables and substitute it by ORACLE. So that pgm would has to access both databases. I decided to split pgm on 2 modules: 1 Main pgm that access only DB2
2 Subprogram that access ORACLE
My problem : What is the most appropriate way to invoke subprogram - CALL(static or dynamic) or LINK?
And, because I am not good in AIX scripts (so far) I need help on modifying MAKE-file in order to compile COBOL - ORACLE pgm I would really appreciate if some gurus send me examples of the script with short descriptions and guidelines.

Alex
glemol_at_aol.com Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 17:49:41 CDT