Re: Why is it impossibe to explain plan for virtual tables

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:32:35 GMT

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:19:23 GMT, protasov_at_percombank.kiev.ua wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Why is it impossibe to explain plan for queries
>with virtual tables. For example:
>
>explain plan set statement_id='1'
>for select * from sys.v_$session;
>
>I received error:
>
>ORA-01039: insufficient privileges on underlying objects
>of the view
>
>Connected user has DBA role.

AFAIK you can only explain the operations on V_$ views if you are connected under schema SYS. FYI, the execution plan for your select is:

SQL> connect sys
Enter password: *******
Connected.
SQL> set autotrace traceonly explain
SQL> select * from v_$session;

Execution Plan

   0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE    1 0 FIXED TABLE (FULL) OF 'X$KSUSE'
>Andrew Protasov

HTH,
--
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 09:32:35 CDT