LRU avg scan dept

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:33:07 GMT

I've been playing around with the very cool program called TOAD. One of the things it's pointed out for me is that my LRU average scan depth is too high (950). It suggests increasing DB_FILES but I think this is incorrect. How would DB_FILES effect avg lru scan depth?

I don't recall anything about this value in the Oracle tuning class. Is this something I need to be alarmed about and if so, how can I reduce it.

DBWR summed scan depth	162207
DBWR lru scans		170
Avg scan depth		954.16

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you. Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 09:33:07 CDT