Using GUI applications in Oracle8

From: JG Watts <JasonW_at_one-ten.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:26:21 +0100

Can anyone help?

I am using Oracle8 on Window NT 4.0 SP3. I have created an ORA_DBA user group and put myself into it so I can connect with OS Authentication. When I use Server Manager in command line mode all seems ok. My problem is that I cannot use any of the GUI applications. I log on as INTERNAL/ORACLE with the Service test (my database) as sysdba. I get the error message:

Errors occurred while performing repository operations on behalf of the Enterprise Manager product.
XP-07016: A database error has occurred: SELECT 'TRUE' FROM SYS.USER_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME='SMP_REP_VERSION' ORA-01219: database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables/views only

Does anyone know how to avoid this. I know it's supossed to create a repository for that user upon first time logon but it's never done that for me.

Thanx in advance

JG Watts Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 08:26:21 CDT