Executing DB2-procedures from Oracle

From: Tom Frank <tofran_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:41:27 +0200

How compatible is DB2-stored procedure with Oracle ?

We are making experiments with Oracle/DB2 stored procedure. Our documentations state that is it possible to execute DB2-stored procedure from Oracle.

Is it possible to defined a PL-table in DB2 as in Oracle, make some processing and stored the result in this table ?

and the most important task to copy the PL-table to a Oracle PL-table for further processing in Oracle ?

We are only allowed to get data from this stored procedure without any use of DB2-objects like table.

If it is possible I will appreciate a little example, because I am not good at DB2 syntaks.

Thank you for all in advanced for those whom can solve our problem.

Chun Cheng
chun.cheng_at_sas.se Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 05:41:27 CDT