Re: Why SQL*Plus stops for some users at the end of first command file?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:26:53 GMT

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:32:59 -0500, "Adam Tadjkarimi" <adamt_at_hsltd.com> wrote:

>I've a command file, "sql_runner.sql", which executes a group of other SQL
>command files, it looks like something like this:
>C:> TYPE sql_runner.sql
>@@a_sql.sql;
>@@b_sql.sql;
>@@c_sql.sql;
>For some users the "sql_runner" executes all the files successfully and
>exits but for certain users
>it stops at the end of "a_sql" file prints a PL/SQL line number. The user
>has to CTRL^C to get
>out and that exits him from "sql_runner" back to the SQL> prompts.

Just a guess - do eventualy some users have "SET PAUSE ON" in their login.sql/glogin.sql and others don't? If this is true and you don't handle SET STOP explicitely in your scripts, your simptomps might happen if there is a select statement at the end of the "a_sql.sql". In this case SQL*Plus might just wait the for the user to press <RETURN> to continue.

>I've compared all the envirnment variables for the users and they all
>identical. Any idea why this is
>happening? We are on NT4.0 and Oracle8.04 and the problem occures for both
>SQL*Plus 8 and
>SQL*Plus 3.3.
>
>Tanx in ad!
>Adam Tadj
>adamt_at_hsltd.com
>
>Opinions expressed or questions asked are mine not of my employer.

HTH,
--
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 02:26:53 CDT