Objects not enabled with Pers. Oracle 8.04?

From: <tomscott_at_nospam.abac.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 02:47:41 GMT

I am using Personal Oracle 8.04. When I try to create a simple type, I get ORA-00439 - feature not enabled - objects.

I have talked to my sales rep at Oracle, and he swears that PO 8 *does* support object extensions. Then I talked to the first tech support person, and she said only Oracle Enterprise edition included object support. Later on, I talked with a second tech support person at Oracle, and she didn't know.

Does anyone know what the real deal is? Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 21:47:41 CDT