Why SQL*Plus stops for some users at the end of first command file?

From: Adam Tadjkarimi <adamt_at_hsltd.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:32:59 -0500

I've a command file, "sql_runner.sql", which executes a group of other SQL command files, it looks like something like this: C:> TYPE sql_runner.sql
@@a_sql.sql;
@@b_sql.sql;
@@c_sql.sql;

For some users the "sql_runner" executes all the files successfully and exits but for certain users
it stops at the end of "a_sql" file prints a PL/SQL line number. The user has to CTRL^C to get
out and that exits him from "sql_runner" back to the SQL> prompts.

I've compared all the envirnment variables for the users and they all identical. Any idea why this is
happening? We are on NT4.0 and Oracle8.04 and the problem occures for both SQL*Plus 8 and
SQL*Plus 3.3.

Tanx in ad!
Adam Tadj
adamt_at_hsltd.com

Opinions expressed or questions asked are mine not of my employer. Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 17:32:59 CDT