Oracle Security and Data Encryption

From: Michael Rice <jmrice_at_concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:20:28 -0400

How do I go about implementing data level security? I have a table that contains data that should only be viewed by specific personnel, therefor I would like to secure this data from SQL level queries. The data cannot be moved to another table, therefor I will need column level security. How can column level security be implemented in a 7.3 database?

Additionally, how can I encrypt SQL data over the Internet?

Thanks,

Michael Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 16:20:28 CDT