How are PL/SQL tables passed - by reference or by value?

From: Norman Neil <norman_at_online-can.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:08:23 -0600

Like the subject line says, are PL/SQL tables (index-by tables in v8) passed by reference or by value?

I am passing a fairly large PL/SQL table between packages and am wondering if at some point I shouldn't start breaking it down. If it is passed by reference then there is no need (from a performance point of view) but if it is passed by value then I may need to consider that option.

Opinions welcome. Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 16:08:23 CDT