Re: Execute shell script unix from stored procedure

From: <nanduri_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:35:50 GMT

There is a way to do it and it is not all that simple and not sure if this solves your requirement. Its skeleton logic goes as follows

  1. Write a PRO*C program to be run as a daemon server process which has calls to oracle supplied DBMS_PIPE package (which can send and receive messages between two Oracle sessions. the daemon process has to be in msg read mode to serve the incoming requests)
  2. Call the same DBMS_PIPE package from a stored procedure with appropriate parameters such as the pathname of the script and if the script requires any parameters etc.,

Hope this helps.
Nanduri