Re: Oracle NT Server performance tunning

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:13:56 GMT

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:54:04 +0800, "Andrew Liu" <andrew_at_pisces.taiwan.hp.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Does anyone know where can I get the information on tunning the oracle
>database performance ?
>I have a server with 4 CPU & 2GB memory, I would like to make the most use
>of the resources like memory to speed up the performance.
>Please send some feedback or let me know where to find !
>Thanks!

Besides the Oracle8 Server Tuning manual, there are many good books on this topic:

Oracle8 Tuning
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0078823900/qid=905973196/sr=1-10/002-1920888-2650630

Oracle8 Advanced Tuning and Administration http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0078825342/qid=905973196/sr=1-8/002-1920888-2650630

Oracle Performance Tuning
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1565922379/qid=905973196/sr=1-5/002-1920888-2650630

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 14:13:56 CDT