Re: ASP, ADO and ORACLE

From: Norman Neil <norman_at_online-can.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:14:29 -0600

Ivana,
The following code works for me (Oracle 8.0.4). I'm calling it from a VB app but VB Script should work too!

Dim adoRst          As ADODB.Recordset
Dim adoCmd          As ADODB.Command
Dim adoCnn          As ADODB.Connection
Dim prmTaxEntKey    As ADODB.Parameter
Dim strCnn          As String
Dim sLogFile        As String
Dim sSQL            As String
Dim sText           As String
Dim nLogFile        As Integer

Dim retval

strCnn = "DSN=my_app;UID=me;PWD=my_password;"

Set adoCmd = New ADODB.Command
Set adoCnn = New ADODB.Connection
Set prmTaxEntKey = New ADODB.Parameter

With adoCnn

    .ConnectionString = strCnn
    .Properties("Prompt") = adPromptNever
    .Open

End With

Set adoCmd.ActiveConnection = adoCnn

adoCmd.CommandText = "my_package.my_procedure" adoCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
With prmTaxEntKey

    .Type = adDouble
    .Size = 12
    .Direction = adParamInput