Re: Change password function

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:49:43 GMT

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:06:04 -0400, Arviind Rajan <rajanarv_at_pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

>Does Oracle 8 have a change password function that can be called from
>Powerbuilder 5? I am looking for something analogus to Sybase's
>set_password function which accepts the userid, old pasword and new
>password as parameters and enables a user to change his or her password?
>
>I have found the password function so far in the Oracle doc. which can
>be used in SQL plus. Is it possible to call the same function from
>Powerbuilder too?

You could simply issue the statement "ALTER USER x IDENTIFIED BY y" where x is the username and y is the new password. You are able to issue SQL statements directly from PowerBuilder.

>Any help is appreciated.
>Thanks

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 13:49:43 CDT