Constraints?

From: AJensen <gurbao_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:01:17 +0200

I have a table that will be populated via a "shadowtable" which again is loaded with data by SQL Loader. This table contains to columns A and B. Both columns are FKs to tables containing valid values (code tables A and B). I have a M:M relationship between these tables (A and B), so I also have table telling which values of B is valid for which value of A. So, the valid values of column B is dependent of the values in column A.

Is it possible in any way to check (automatically) if column A and B are "a legal pair" of data in the INSERT/UPDATE process??

AUJ Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 08:01:17 CDT