DBMS_SHARED_POOL problem

From: Vaughan Mc Carthy <vaughanm_at_medscheme.co.za>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:09:04 +0200

Hi there

I have the following error messages, when I try to execute the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package. I have already created the package as SYS and it is valid - even after I try to execute it.

SQL> exec dbms_shared_pool.sizes(10);
begin dbms_shared_pool.sizes(10); end;
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04067: not executed, package body "SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL" does not exist
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 1

Does anybody know what the problem is and how I fix it?

Regards
Vaughan Mc Carthy Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 07:09:04 CDT