Re: NonSystem RBS in SYSTEM tablespace?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_acay.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 21:58:35 +1000

chrisoc_at_ans.net wrote:

> I'm going to install Remedy ARS with a supporting Oracle database.
> It's a help desk/trouble ticketing application.
>
> In the Remedy ARS docs, there is a sentence asking me to first
> "ensure that a nonsystem rollback segment has been created
> in the system tablespace and brought online. ... also add it
> to your init<SID>.ora file .."

What is probably happenning is that their install program dumps things into a freshly created tablespace. The message is just a warning to make sure that you've used the "two rollback segments in SYSTEM" if your database only has a single tablespace (BTW, Mr ORACLE, when is this absolutely IDIOTIC restriction going to be lifted? About time it went!...).

Since you already have multiple tablespaces, just ignore the thing.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto