Re: Crashed WinNT 3.51:Oracle SGA error messages,please help...

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:39:22 +0200

kgrigg_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6tmrro$48l$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

[snip!]

I looks that your instance did not start because of somewhat reason. Did you try to start your database from command prompt to see Oracle error which prevents your instance and db from starting? Try this (let's assume, that your instance name is foo, and ensure thatyou have not set \\HKLM\Software\Oracle\Local variable):

C:\> set oracle_sid=foo
C:\> svrmgr23
SVRMGR> connect internal/password
SVRMGR> startup

Then you should see that error. If you obtain this let's try to resolve.

HTH,
Piotr Kolodziej
pkol_at_otago.gda.pl Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 03:39:22 CDT