ORACLE 8 and net connectivity

From: <sudhin_at_saathi.ncst.ernet.in>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:06:25 GMT

Hi
I installed oracle 8 on NT server and D2k 2.0 on NT wks (sp3). TNSListener was running.
I was not able to connect by sqlplus 3.3 or 8.0 using server alias configured using Easy config 3.3 or 8.0 respectively.

I stopped TNSListener and started TNSListener80 , then i was able to configure and connect using Net80 easy config and sqlplus 8.0

But D2k did not connect , error was "No TNS listener"

On command prompt I set TNS_ADMIN=NET80\admin directory then D2k connected All is well.

My question is I am on right track or am I missing something ?

-sudhin

http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 03:06:25 CDT