How to read a compress field

From: Philippe Dupont <pdupont_at_ystel.fr>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:34:21 +0200

Is it possible to write a function which uncompress a field (compress with Unix command)?
I want to do : select my_function_uncompress(my_field) from my_table.

If it's not, does somebody know how to uncompress data (always compress with Unix command) with asp on NT server ?

Exactly my problem is that I have a table in an Oracle database on Unix, with a field which contains a Word file compressed with the Unix command and I want to read this Word file in an intranet application. I use visual interdev and ODBC driver.
If I can do "select my_function_uncompress(my_field) from my_table" it's ok.

Has somebody an idea ?

Thank's. Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 02:34:21 CDT