Re: HELP! Corrupted data block!

From: Vitaliy Mogilevskiy <vit100gain_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:55:19 -0700

Tim Palmer wrote:

> Can anyone help here?!!
>
> We have a recurrent ORA- 01578 error relating to a corrupted data
> block.
> We have isolated the segment that is affected (it is a table).
>
> We have a consistent and up to date copy of this table in an export
> file
> - but attempts to drop the table and re-create it via this import
> method
> - fail. Dropping the table yields the ORA-01578 error.
>
> We have also tried to retrieve the intact data in the table by forcing
> full table scan (using its unique index in a hint) and where rowid
> not
> like ||'.%.'|| (this is from an oracle magazine tech support paper).
>
> Dropping, describing, selecting from..whatever, always yields the
> ORA-01578.
>
> If we can drop the table then we would be ok I think.
>
> Any suggestions, more than gladly received!!!
>
> Tim

   It is possible that you have index problem try to drop and re-create all indexes for that table,

If that does not help then you have only one choice --> last backup set.

Good luck,

P.S Do not drop that table, if you do that then what ever is going to be created on that disk space will be corrupted( if it is a disk problem), just rename that table to table_bad. Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 00:55:19 CDT