Re: Crashed WinNT 3.51:Oracle SGA error messages,please help...

From: Winnie Liu <oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:32:39 -0700

I don't know about NT, but in UNIX, if you get the same kind of error. There is several things that you need to check: 1) Is the owner of Oracle set to 6751? are you using the owner Oracle to start up the database (you need to be oracle because there are a lot of background setting for user oracle)
2) the memory is not big enough to let the SGA to reside in. Or the swapping size is not enough.

Winnie

kgrigg_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6tmrro$48l$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hello all,
>
>I'm trying to help with a problem on a Oracle 7.3 instance running on a
WinNT