ORA-00470 LGWR / ORA-00471 DBWR / ORA-00472 PMON process terminated

From: Robert Bustichi <rsb_at_smc911dispatch.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:12:11 -0700

Running Oracle V6.0.34.0.0 under VMS 5.5-2.

I have started to receive ORA-00470, ORA-00471, ORA-00472, ORA-00447, ORA-00210, ORA-07530, and ORA-00604 errors. The errors began a few hours after I added a datafile to a tablespace.

I restored all database and control files from the last backup, appx 2 weeks ago, to try to recover from the errors.

The database opened and I began to add records. The database then died again with the above error messages.

The only items of value is a .TRC file which states:   ORA-00210: cannot open control file
'misdata2:[datmis]ora_control2.con'
  ORA-07530: sfofi: $open error
  RMS-E-ACC, ACP file access failed - SYSTEM-F-EXBYTLM

I restored the database a 2nd time, but this time before starting, I copied the ORA_CONTROL1.CON control file to the ORA_CONTROL2.CON control file. Restarted the database. I was able to add a few hundred records before receiving the same problem. I moved the ORA_CONTROL2.CON file to another disk, but same results. The drives have been checked and report no errors.

Any ideas on what to do next to recover the database? Our software vendor is not willing to provide any help without a purchase order for a time & materials best effort attempt! Unfortunately, we don't have direct support from Oracle.

--

Robert Bustichi Received on Tue Sep 15 1998 - 18:12:11 CDT