Manually moving an O7 system between Solaris mc/s.

From: Winton Davies <wdavies_at_cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:59:47 -0700

Hi,

 Anyone out there have experience of simply moving an oracle system between two servers simply by tarring the appropriate directories ? I believe
I have gotten everything across ok.

My one problem is that when I do dbstart: I get an error message saying the database is still locked by the other machine.... The file is in oradata, called control01.dat.

Is there any magic command that says "reset the control files ?" This isn't a production system, so I don't care about rollbacks or commits etc. We have some data in there, and we've moved our workgroup server to another machine.

  Cheers,
    Winton

p.s. Please cc. me with any replies (much appreciatted). Received on Tue Sep 15 1998 - 13:59:47 CDT