Re: Problems recompiling OCI apps v 7 to v8

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:59:12 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Elena Sotelo <esotelo_at_ipmultimedia.es> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:30:17 +0200, you wrote:

>I have some OCI applications which works against Oracle 7. We have
>change Oracle 7 to Oracle8, and when we have tried to compile our
>applications, we have encountered too much problems!!.
>
>We have tried some things but anyone works fine.
>
>We retrieved the next error when run the app:
> ld.so.1: brokenoci1: fatal: libclntsh.so.1.0: open failed: No such
>file or directory
> Killed
>
>Any clues?

what platform (OS)?

assuming this is solaris for example, is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable set and does it contain $ORACLE_HOME/lib?

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Sep 15 1998 - 09:59:12 CDT