Re: Need to set rmy date format to 'DD/MM/YYYY'

From: Marcos Andres Vera Yañez <mvera_at_rdc.cl>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:01:48 -0500

Hi
About your question to Oracle Group :
The command alter session ... only take effect while you're connected. After that it loss its effect. If you need to keep active this format to your applications, you must to include the parameters names "nls_date_format = 'DD/MM/YYYY' " into you parameter file. You must shutdown and startup your database to make this change active. If you don't want to this format anymore, well, keep out this parameter and reboot your database. If you don't tell some special format to Oracle, It's always assume the default.

Hope this help you

--

Marcos Vera Yanez
Oracle Database Adminstrator