Re: EXPORT Question

From: Bola Ogunlana <bolao_at_incads.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:05:46 +0100

You could send it to a tape device (in fact any /dev/???) where you'll be prompted for the size of the device. This way, when it has copied up to the specified size, it prompts you for another tape (or device).

Have not tried it, but what if you cheat & specify "/dev/a_real_file" (create a link or whatever so it doesn't sit on the real /dev filesystem) which is sitting on the file system. Specify a size of 2.9G (in MB) & when it prompts you, move the existing dump section away to another location and let the exp program create another 2.9G section.

 bla, bla, bla

Hope it helps. Let's know how you get on.