HELP! Corrupted data block!

From: Tim Palmer <tim_at_cairo.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:56:23 +0100

Can anyone help here?!!

We have a recurrent ORA- 01578 error relating to a corrupted data block. We have isolated the segment that is affected (it is a table).

We have a consistent and up to date copy of this table in an export file
- but attempts to drop the table and re-create it via this import method

We have also tried to retrieve the intact data in the table by forcing a full table scan (using its unique index in a hint) and where rowid not like ||'.%.'|| (this is from an oracle magazine tech support paper).

Dropping, describing, selecting from..whatever, always yields the ORA-01578. If we can drop the table then we would be ok I think.

Any suggestions, more than gladly received!!!

Tim Received on Tue Sep 15 1998 - 05:56:23 CDT