Re: ORA_ORCL_STARTMODE

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:40:46 GMT

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:22:23 +0200, "news.felk.cvut.cz" <KazimirRob_at_ipb.cz> wrote:

>Please, does anybody know what is the mean of parameter in registry:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\SECURITY - ORA_ORCL_STARTMODE?\
>
>KazimirRob_at_ipb.cz

It reflects the behaviour of the instance after the startup of the OracleService service as defined in Oracle's instance Manager (oradim73.exe for 7.3).

If you set the instance startup mode to "Automatic" in oradim, the registry value will be set to "TRUE" and the OracleStart service will try to start the database when the OracleStart service is started. If you set it to "Manual" in oradim, then the registry entry will be set to "FALSE", your OracleStart service will be deleted and you'll have to manualy start the database after your OracleService service is started.

HTH,
--
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Sep 15 1998 - 03:40:46 CDT