Re: oracle problem

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:47:40 GMT

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:32:53 +0200, "Cyril Caillaud" <cyril.caillaud_at_netvalley.fr> wrote:

>hi
>
>I have a big problem with oracle
>
>Oracle7 Workgroup Server Release 7.3.4.2.0
>Windows NT
>
>I reboot the system and now i have a problem
>
>the services start without problem
>but when i try to access to oracle
>i have error messages

If the services started succesfully it doesn't mean that the database was also started succesfuly. If you go to SVRMGR23 and try to connect as internal you'll probably get the following message: "Connected to an idle instance". This means that the services were started succesfuly but for some reason the database was not. To manualy start the database, enter the command: STARTUP.

>ORA-01034 Oracle not available
>ORA-09243 smsget error attaching to Sga
>OSD-04101 invalid SGA SGA not initialized
>O/S error (OS 203) the system could not find the envirennement option that
>was entered
>
>does anybody have an idea ?

The OracleStart<SID> service runs the command file "srt<SID>.cmd", which starts the service OracleService<SID> and also opens the database.

I belive there is something wrong with your command file, located (by default) on %ORACLE_HOME%\DATABASE. Open it with your text editor and check if the password for internal (-usrpwd) matches your internal password. Also check if the path to your initialisation file (-pfile) is correct and that it starts both the service and the instance (-starttype srvc,inst).

You can also check/set this from the Instance Manager (oradim73.exe). Run it, click on your SID and click on the Edit button. Now you can change the password, initfile and the startup mode.

>Thanks
>
>Cyril Caillaud

HTH,
--
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Sep 15 1998 - 02:47:40 CDT