Q: ORA-12203: Couldn't connect destination

From: Bertalan GOMBOS <gombos_at_finit.hu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:37:11 +0200

Hi all!

  I've a serious problem. I use Oracle 7.3 server on Digital UNIX. When I want to connect through TCP/IP using SQLPlus or SQL Worksheet it works but if I try it with other programs like Schema Manager, Security Manager I get ORA-12203.
  I think the unsuccessfull connection was due to the server, there is maybe an option which enable or disable 'administrator' programs to connect.
  Can somebody help me? (I can use the system with SQL Worksheet but it's uncomfortable to create new users or administer tablespaces with pure SQL statements.)

				Thank, bye:
						Bert
--
                                           :