Re: Oracle Server NT vs. Unix

From: EXE <exe_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:10:07 -0700

> I need to decide whether to run Oracle Server under NT or Unix. Can you
> please send me some advantages and disadvantages of each. Also, would you
> recommend Oracle 8 or Oracle 7.x.

Given that I had access to a good Unix sysadmin I wouldn't touch NT if they gave it away for free.And if you can wait until the Linux version comes out that might be worth serious consideration. I would only recommend the NT version if money or lack of internal resources are the issues.

I would also recommend Oracle 8.0.4 or above since there is nothing to be gained by purchasing a copy of 7.x.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 23:10:07 CDT