ora-6502 with basic webserver apps

From: Stephen Mulcahy <smulcahy_at_smsat.ilo.dec.com>
Date: 14 Sep 1998 16:20:03 GMT

Hi,

I'm currently working on some webserver plsql script and I've come across a small problem. I only noticed this one when I started attempting to exec some of my scripts from sqlplus (using showpage to dump the output to the screen and sanity check it).

The following simple test script will illustrate my problem...

create or replace procedure foo as

begin

        htp.p(owa_util.get_cgi_env('SERVER_NAME'));
        htp.p('Foo');

end foo;
/

Now, when I execute this through the webserver .. it runs ok, however If I execute it from the sqlplus prompt, I get the following,

begin foo; end;

*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at "WWW_USER.OWA_UTIL", line 155
ORA-06512: at "WWW_USER.FOO", line 3
ORA-06512: at line 1

Now, I have the owa_util package loaded into www_user's schema. I'm not clear on whether this is a problem caused by me not using the get_cgi_env function properly or if there is some problem with the owa_util package. Has anyone else seen this problem? While my scripts run I don't think I should leave this problem hanging around.

Thanks for your help,

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy, Compaq Computer Corp., smulcahy_at_smsat.ilo.dec.com The views expressed are the author's and do not necessarily reflect the official position of Compaq Computer Corporation Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 11:20:03 CDT