Export / Import - Unix

From: Maitee Alexandria <maitee_at_hospitalalianca.com.br>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:47:49 -0300

We have two database servers. One back-up server running NT ( ORACLE 7.3 ) and the other running HP - UNIX (ORACLE 8 ) in production.

We have been able to import / export information from NT to UNIX using IMPORT/EXPORT UTILITIES bundled with ORACLE 7.3 for NT without any loss of accentuation.

The problem happens when we try doing the same using IMPORT/EXPORT UTILITIES for ORACLE 8. Everytime we do an Import/Export from whichever server to each other executing ORACLE 8 UTILITIES at the Unix server all the accentuation in table contents is lost (i.e. '?' instead of 'Ç').

The strangest is that when we export a correctly accentuated table from ORACLE 8 (i.e: customer ), drop the table from the database and then import it back from file .dmp, the accentuation is also lost.

What´s the problem ? Is there a BUG for IMPORT / EXPORT for UNIX ?

Obs.: The both databases have the same character set. ( WE8ISO5589P1 ). Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 13:47:49 CDT