Re: Using netware/ids to login to Oracle

From: raman batra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:27:50 -0500

You don't need software. Users can be created in Oracle using password or
external (OS) authentication. Make sure you set the OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX in init.ora
to "", the default is OPS$. After that is done, a user authenticated by the OS
can login without a password. Also, set REMOTE_LOGIN=TRUE (please check this parameter)

I have tried it on UNIX and NT, Netware probably is similar.

Oracle Server Documentation covers it in detail.

Raman Batra