Need to set rmy date format to 'DD/MM/YYYY'

From: Christophe <clucet_at_perinfo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:03:54 +0200

From Christophe LUCET,
L.S.A., Paris :

Hello!

I need to set my date format on a database with Oracle 7.3.3.0.0. I tried with the command :
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'DD/MM/YYYY'; but when i want to insert a date with this format, an error occurs since the 'DD/MM/YY' format is needed.
I wonder if the alter session effects end with a commit/rollback...

If someone can help me, i would be very appreciative. My e-mail : clucet_at_perinfo.com or lsa.perinfo_at_wanadoo.fr

Thanks! Hi! Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 09:03:54 CDT