Buffer or Fast I/O problem

From: Eivind Rigstad <erigstad_at_c2i.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 19:51:49 +0200

Hi

I have a problem concerning Oracle 7.3.3.4 and Alpha OpenVMS 7.1.

It takes a long time to connect to both server manager and SQLplus. Further, when I do select from a table it seems like the result of the query is beeing buffered and displayed in portions.

The only clue I have, is a non fatal error message in the alertfile saying at database startup:
** Unable to create SGA Buffer Object - Fast I/O will not be used. non fatal error = 20 **

I do hope that anyonecan help me

Thank you un advance

Eivind Rigstad Received on Sun Sep 13 1998 - 12:51:49 CDT