Re: Oracle VS Sybase VS SQL Server

From: EXE <exe_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: 1998/09/12

> My company is trying to decided what database program to go with. I would
> like to know which program is better and why. I would appreciate any
> information you can give.

This question is equivalent to asking: "which is tool is better a hammer or a screw driver?"

What are you planning to do with it? What platform are you running on? How large an installation? How many simultaneous users? What in-house skills does your organization have in place? What outside resources are available in your area if you need additional support? Will your people need training? What front-end and query tools do you anticipate using? What third-party tools do you plan to use or have in-house? OLTP or Datamart?

I think that no-one can give you an intelligent answer based on the limited information contained in your question. Please re-ask the question providing some information?

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Sep 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT