Encina and Oracle as XA RM: xa_open returns error

From: Bernd Goetz <goetz_at_tarsec.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:40:15 +0200

(Careful, this could be a typical newbie question)

The setting is this:

We have the TPM Encina and Oracle. I wrote an Encina server that registers the Oracle Server as a XA Resource Manager with:

<openString="Oracle_XA+SqlNet=nexus_at_PROD+Acc=P/planning_urd/planningurd+SesTm=60+DB=planning"> rc = server->RegisterResource(xaSwitch, openString, closeString, 0);

Now, no exception is thrown, but Encina (in Enconsole) says: xa_open to RM 0 returned xaRetCode - 0xfffffffd (XAER_RMERR)

Does anybody work with this combination of Encina and Oracle? What does the message mean?
How do I find out what the return code of xa_open means?

Thanks a lot for your kind help

regards

Bernd Goetz.

--

Bernd Goetz                                     goetz_at_tarsec.com
TARSEC AG                                       Tel +41 1 496 61 11